Last Updated: March 2022
This Privacy Statement applies to A*STAR Collaborative Commerce Marketplace portal (“ACCM”), located at ACCM.SG (the "Portal"). This Privacy Statement sets out how We collect, use or disclose personal data that you have provided to us through the Portal. By visiting the Portal you are accepting and consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of personal data described in this Privacy Statement.
WHAT WE COLLECT
By using the Portal, you confirm that any information you submit through the Portal is business contact information and you do not provide any personal data (as defined in the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore).
We do not knowingly collect your personal data, save for the following (the “Personal Data”):
• Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
• Profile Data includes your username and password, communications made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
• Usage Data includes information about how you use the Portal.
• Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
• Direct interactions. you may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
○ create an account on our website;
○ subscribe to our service or publications;
○ request marketing to be sent to you;
○ enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
○ give us feedback or contact us.
• Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive Personal Data about you from various third parties and public sources such as Technical Data from the following parties:
(a) analytics providers Google Analytics;
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data could be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We and our affiliates and/or third party service providers may use your Personal Data:
1. To facilitate your access to the Portal and the creation of your user account with the Portal;
2. To evaluate your Portal preferences and for the maintenance of the Portal; and
3. To answer your queries or provide you with assistance in any other way.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
To provide the above services to you, We may share your Personal Data with the following entities:
1. our affiliates, which includes our related entities, subsidiaries, operations groups, corporate groups, functionalized units, and research institutes funded and managed by the Agency for Science, Technology and Research;
2. Third-party service providers (such as subcontractors, associations, agents or network operators) who are employed to perform business and administrative functions;
3. Third party businesses with whom We collaborate; and
4. Government bodies.
1. To identify the causes of problems arising at web servers and to resolve these problems;
2. To improve the contents of the Portal;
3. To customize the content of the Portal and our emails to suit your individual interests or purposes;
4. To utilize your browsing history on the Portal for demographic research; and
5. To obtain aggregated website visitation statistics which are anonymous in nature
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Portal may contain links to other third party websites and microsites, whose privacy practices may differ from those of A*STAR. If you submit your personal data to any of those sites, such personal data is not subject to this Privacy Statement and We are not liable in respect of the collection of those personal data.
We encourage you to review the privacy statement of any site you visit. By clicking on or activating such links and leaving the Portal, We can no longer exercise control over any data or information which you give to any other entity after leaving the Portal. Any access to such other sites or pages is therefore entirely at your own risk.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Your Personal Data will be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is collected or for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws.
REQUESTS RELATING TO PERSONAL DATA
You may write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request any of the following relating to your Personal Data: access, correction, erasure, or withdrawal of consent. If you chose to erase or withdraw your consent to your Personal Data, you may not be able to continue using the Portal.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY STATEMENT
Any changes We may make to our privacy statement in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy statement.
All other questions on our use of your Personal Data should be addressed to our DPO, whom you may contact at DPO@a-star.edu.sg.